Sunday, August 28, 2011

Whose ready to ...ooohh a big boat!!!

So, my very first trip to New Orleans was this weekend. Ashli (and Aaron) was having her bachelorette party down on Bourbon St. It was a super fun time. Breakdown of what went on goes something like this: met new folks, ate some good cajun food, crossed a giant bridge (and didn't die), got lost trying to park, saw a big boat (I think it was a carnival cruise ship), walked on the River walk, was creeped out by a bunch of people wearing costumes for a convention thingy, drove to Kenner (accidentally), tried to go eat at a fancy restaurant only to be deterred by some Mardi Gras folks and a guy with a giant tuba!, drank a little bit, missed the street car to downtown, roamed Bourbon St., danced a little bit, had a drunk guy attack me with a frozen shark drink (imagine him making this plastic shark nom on my neck), gave said guy an anatomy lesson on the neck, looked for a pirate, had a shot dumped down my shirt and the shot girl paw at my boobs apologizing for it, and finally watched as someone almost puked on my feet.

All in all, it was a great time! Congrats Aaron and Ashli - can't wait until the wedding!

No comments: